University of Massachusetts vs. Arkansas-Little Rock Postgame Notes
Nov. 16, 2001
* This was the first-ever meeting between UMass and UALR. With the win, UMass is now 3-0 against teams from the Natural State (2-0 over Arkansas).
* UMass is now 61-32 (.657) all-time in season openers. The Minutemen have won eight of their last nine lid-lifters.
* The Minutemen have now won 12 of their last 13 home openers, and own an all-time mark of 69-24 in home debuts.
* Freshman guard Kyle Wilson (White Rock, British Columbia) played in his first career game tonight. He is the first true freshman in the Minuteman opening-day lineup since Winston Smith started the 1996-97 season opener at Chaminade. He finished the game with two rebounds and two assists in 16 minutes.
* Sophomore forward Willie Jenkins (Memphis, Tenn.) made his first career start tonight. He finished the game with two points, six rebounds and two assists in 18 minutes.
* Junior forward Micah Brand (Middletown, N.Y.) tied his career high with 23 points tonight. He also poured in 23 at Dayton last February. He scored the first eight UMass points tonight.
* Sophomore guard Anthony Anderson (Lynn, Mass.) made his first career appearance tonight. He totaled 10 points, four assists, five rebounds and a steal in a team-high 37 minutes of action.
* Sophomore forward Raheim Lamb (Boston, Mass.) played in his first career game tonight. Lamb finished the contest with four points and three rebounds.
* Senior guard Shannon Crooks finished tonight's game with 16 points. He has now scored in double figures in 32 career games, including the last three.
* Dating back to last season, this is the fourth-consecutive game that UMass has had at least three players in double figures.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL