* Dayton improved to 11-10 in the series with UMass, which dates back to the 1995-96 season. The Flyers are now 7-3 in games played at UD Arena with a three-game win streak.
* The crowd of 12,825 was the largest to see UMass play all season. The previous largest road crowd was 6,574 at Richmond.
* UMass lost for the first time when leading at the half, moving to 15-1 on the year.
* Dayton was 9-of-20 from outside, matching a season-high by a UMass opponent this year (Elon also had 9).
* UMass was 23-of-32 (.719) from the free throw line, marking the third-consecutive game with at least 20 makes. The Minutemen also made more freebies than their opponents (UD was 21-of-33) for the third-straight game and 15th this season.
* UMass was credited with a season-low six assists. Five were from Chaz Williams and one from Derrick Gordon.
* UMass did not have a dunk on Saturday, making just the second time that has happened this season (Florida State). The Minutemen have 98 entering the Duquesne contest.
* Chaz Williams moved into eighth place on the UMass career scoring list with 1,574 points. He is now 69 away from seventh, held by Tony Barbee with 1,643. He now has 672 assists in three years with the Minutemen, placing him seven away from the school record, held by Chris Lowe with 678 from 2005-08. For his college career, Williams has 810 assists, 13 shy of moving into 26th in NCAA Division I history.
* Chaz Williams had two steals on the day and both came in the final 2:30 of the game. The senior has 40 steals this season and 13 have occurred in the final five minutes of games -32 pct. of his thefts.
* Raphiael Putney finished with three points and has 994 in his career. He would be the 46th player to reach the 1,000-point mark at UMass. Putney played in his 126th game at UMass, moving into a tie for eighth all-time with Jim McCoy and Tony Barbee.
* Sampson Carter had eight points on Saturday - all in the opening five minutes - and has 922 in his career. Saturday's game was the 130th for the fifth-year senior in a UMass uniform. That ranks tied for fifth with Carmelo Travieso in the career list.
* Derrick Gordon finished with 15 points on 5-of-7 shooting, adding six rebounds and an assist. He has posted 14 double-figure scoring games this year and six of the last eight.
* Trey Davis came off the bench to score 19 points on 6-of-8 shooting and 3-of-4 from outside in a career-best 32 minutes. His total was one shy of tying his career-high 20 set four games ago against George Mason at home. After a pair of 0-for-2 efforts from downtown against GW and VCU, he has posted a 2-for-3 performance against URI and 3-for-4 on Saturday. In A-10 play he is averaging 11.3 ppg to rank second on the club, and shooting 44 pct. (24-for-55) from outside.