UMass vs. URI
Feb. 27, 2002
* Tonight's game marked the 118th meeting between UMass and Rhode Island. With the win, UMass now leads the all-time series 68-50.
* Seniors Eric Williams (Brooklyn, N.Y.), Ronnell Blizzard (Waterbury, Conn.), Kitwana Rhymer (St. Thomas, Virgin Islands) and Shannon Crooks (Boston, Mass.) each played the final home game of their career tonight. Williams, Crooks and Rhymer served as tri-captains for the 2001-02 squad.
* The Minutemen finished the 2001-02 season with a home record of 8-6, marking their 20th-straight .500 or better homecourt record.
* The Minutemen are 7-0 on the year when attempting 16 or fewer three-pointers, and now 5-14 when they've launched 17 or more.
* Massachusetts used its 10th different starting lineup in tonight's game. Crooks is the only Minuteman to start all 26 games.
* UMass led tonight's game 36-28 at halftime. With the win, the Minutemen are now 9-2 this season when leading at the break.
* Crooks finished with 23 points on the evening, marking the 21st time this season and the 53rd time in his career he has scored 10 or more. It was his sixth 20+ point effort of the year, and his second in three games.
* With its eight three pointers in tonight's game, Massachusetts has now drained 183 three-pointers in 26 games. The total eclipses the previous school record of 180 set in the 1994-95 season (34 games).
* Rhymer finished with 13 points tonight, marking the 10th time this year and the 36th time in his career that he has scored 10 or more.
* Sophomore guard Anthony Anderson (Lynn, Mass.) poured in 13 points, totaling more than 10 for the 16th time this year. He has scored double-digits in eight of UMass' last 10 contests.
* Junior forward Micah Brand (Middletown, N.Y.) finished with 12 points on the evening. It was the 11th time this year and the 26th time in his career Brand scored in double figures.
* UMass is now 4-2 on the year when Anderson, Crooks and Rhymer score more than 10 in the same game.
* UMass is now 4-0 when Brand, Crooks and Rhymer all score 10 or more.
* The Minutemen are 2-0 when Anderson, Crooks, Rhymer and Brand all hit double figures.
* Massachusetts finished tonight's game 28-of-59 from the floor, good for 50.9 percent. The Minutemen have now won 20 of 21 games when shooting 50 percent or better.