University of Massachusetts vs. Fordham
Feb. 23, 2002
* This was the 24th meeting between UMass and Fordham. With the win, UMass now leads the all-time series 17-7. The Minutemen have won 13 of the last 15 meetings between the two teams.
* The Minutemen led tonight's contest 37-29 at halftime. The Minutemen are now 8-3 this season when leading at the break.
* The Minutemen held Fordham to 38.6 percent shooting from the field. UMass is now 10-3 on the year when holding its opponent below the 40 percent mark from the floor.
* Sophomore guard Anthony Anderson (Lynn, Mass.) finished this afternoon's game with 16 points and five assists. It was the 15th time this season and the seventh time in the last nine games he has scored 10 or more. It was the eighth time he has dished out five or more assists, and the third time in five games he's had at least five dimes.
* Senior guard Shannon Crooks (Boston, Mass.) finshed the game with six assists, tying his season high. He has now had six dimes in four different games this season.
* Senior center Kitwana Rhymer (St. Thomas, Virgin Islands) poured in 14 points and pulled down 11 rebounds today. It is his fourth double-double of the season and the 18th of his career. The Minutemen are now 7-2 on the year when Rhymer reaches double digits in points, and 2-2 when he claims more than 10 rebounds.
* Senior forward Eric Williams (Brooklyn, N.Y.) finished the game with 10 points. It is the fifth time this season and the sixth time in his career he has reached double-digits. UMass is now 1-4 when Williams reaches the 10 point plateau.
* The Minutemen used their ninth different starting lineup of the season. Senior forward Ronell Blizzard started for just the second time this year.
* UMass is now 8-2 at home this season when scoring 62 or more points and 8-1 when holding its opponent to 60 or fewer.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL
|There are no upcoming events.|