UMass vs. La Salle Postgame Notes
Feb. 9, 2002
UMass vs. La Salle PostGame Notes February 9, 2002
* Tonight's matchup was the 13th meeting between UMass and La Salle. With the win, UMass now leads the all-time series 11-2. The Minutemen have won the last four meetings between the two teams.
* UMass led tonight's contest 20-18 at halftime. The Minutemen are now 7-2 on the year when they have the lead at intermission.
* The Minutemen connected on 21 of 51 shots from the field tonight, for 41.2 percent. La Salle shot just 30.6 percent from the floor. UMass is now 10-1 on the season when shooting better than its opponent.
* UMass is now 9-1 on the year when holding its opponent to a field goal percentage mark below 38.0 percent.
* Massachusetts is now 9-0 on the seasons when yielding 62 or fewer points, and have won 17 straight games when allowing less than 62.
* Senior guard Shannon Crooks (Boston, Mass.) finished finished tonight's contest with 15 points. It is the 50th time in Crooks' career that he reached double digits, and the 18th time this season he has poured in 10 or more.
* Sophomore guard Anthony Anderson (Lynn, Mass.) totaled 11 points on the evening. It is the 13th time this season he has reached that plateau, and the fifth consecutive time he scored 10 or more.
* This is the 11th time that Crooks and Anderson have scored double digits in the same game. The Minutemen are now 5-6 on the season when they both score 10 or more.
* Crooks' 15 points on the evening give him a career total of 1,005 points in his collegiate career (includes 43 games at St. John). He needs just 38 to become the 35th player to score 1,000 in his UMass career.
* Senior Kitwana Rhymer (St. Thomas, Virgin Islands) blocked five shots in tonight's game. It is the 10th time he snuffed two or more in a single game. Rhymer has blocked five or more shots in three games this season, and in eight games during his career as a Minuteman.
* Junior forward Micah Brand (Middletown, N.Y.) finished tonight's contest with 10 points. It is the 10th time this season Brand has poured in double digits and the 25th time in his career he has tallied 10 or more.
- UMass -
GET YOUR OFFICIAL
|There are no upcoming events.|