Postgame Notes: No. 10 Xavier 82, UMass 80
Jan. 31, 2009
* With seven assists, Chris Lowe moved past Edgar Padilla and into second place all-time at UMass with 600. The all-time leader is Carl Smith (633), who he is on pace to pass in five games from now.
* Lowe finished with 16 points, and now has 999 in his career. He will become the 41st player in UMass history to surpass the 1,000-point mark and join Ricky Harris on the team.
* Lowe had his 10th game this season with 10 or more point and 40th in his career with 16.
* Luke Bonner's 14 points marked his third double-figure game of the season and sixth of his career.
* Harris has scored in double-figures in 57 of 87 career games with 56 in the last two seasons.
* Harris moved to 25th im career scoring at UMass with his 17 points and now has 1,158, passing Rodger Twitchell (1,151), Lari Ketner (1,148) and Will Herndon (1,148).
* Tony Gaffney had 12 rebounds, his 12th game this season and 14th career game in double-figure rebounds. He finished one point shy of his eighth double-double on the season.
* Gaffney, the NCAA's second shot blocked (4.6 per game) had two and is now averaging 4.5, still second. He also had three steals and still leads the A-10 with 2.3 per game.
* Matt Glass had his first points in seven games with a 3-pointer.
*One of the referees for the game was Gene Steratore, who is also an NFL referee. He was the head of the crew that finished the NFL season at Buffalo when the Patriots topped the Bills, 13-0, in the super windy Ralph Wilson stadium.
*Xavier has now won 30 games in a row when scoring 70 or more points.
* Xavier is now 116-17 (.872) overall during its nine seasons at Cintas Center, and 58-10 (.853) against Atlantic 10 competition in its on-campus home arena. The Musketeers have won 20 straight conference games at home (8-0, 2006-07; 8-0, 2007-08; and 4-0, 2008-09).
* Xavier shot a season-best 59.6 percent (31-for-52) from the field today, eclipsing the previous high of 54.2 percent (32-for-59) that it shot at St. Bonaventure (1-21-09).
* Xavier had a season-best performance from the free throw line, connecting on 85.7 percent (12-for-14) of its chances from the charity stripe. During the past four games, XU has converted 76.3 percent (58-for-76) of its free throws.
* The Musketeers committed a season-high 23 turnovers. The previous high was 22, which occurred on three other occasions.
* B.J. Raymond continued his hot scoring streak, netting 22 points in today's game. Raymond has now scored 20-plus points in the last three games, averaging 22.0 ppg. During the three-game stretch he is shooting 67.7 percent (21-for-31) from the field, 63.2 percent (12-for-19) from behind the 3-point arc, and 80.0 percent (12-for-15) from the free throw line.
* Derrick Brown tied his career high in scoring with 23 points. He also scored 23 against Miami (11-29-08). He also matched his career high with four blocked shots. He also had four blocks against Richmond (3-8-08).
GET YOUR OFFICIAL
|There are no upcoming events.|