UMass vs. Dayton
Jan. 29, 2002
* This was the eighth meeting between UMass and Dayton. With the Minuteman loss, the series is now tied at four games apiece.
* The Minutemen trailed in tonight's contest 43-21 at halftime. The Minutemen are now 3-8 on the season when trailing at the break.
* Senior guard Shannon Crooks (Boston, Mass.) finished the contest with 21 points. This is the 16th time in 18 games this season that Crooks has poured in double-digits. It is also the 47th time in his career that he has scored 10 or more.
* Junior forward Micah Brand (Middletown, N.Y.) played a season-low 11 minutes after injuring his ankle in the first half. Brand had not played less than 15 minutes in any game since the 2000-01 season.
* Sophomore guard Anthony Anderson (Lynn, Mass.) poured in a career-high 20 points in tonight's game. It was the 10th time in his career that Anderson reached double digits.
* Anderson's six three-pointers eclipsed his previous career high five, and is the most treys made by a Minuteman this season.
* This marked the eighth time this season that both Anderson and Crooks reached double digits in the same game. The Minutemen are 3-5 in those contests.
* The Minutemen are now 0-4 this season when allowing 80 or more points, and have dropped 25 straight when yielding more than 80.
* Massachusetts is 8-1 on the year when holding its opponent to a field goal mark below 38.0 percent, but is now 1-8 when its foe has shot 38.0 percent or better.
* In five of its last six games, UMass has shot better from three-point range than from the field overall. Tonight, UMass made 12-of-28 (42.9%) from behind the arc, while hitting 23 of 64 (35.9%) from the field overall.
* UMass' 12 made three pointers tied a season high, matching the number made in a loss at Fordham.
* The Minutemen committed just five turnovers on the evening, the second lowest mishandles of the season.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL