University of Massachusetts vs. George Washington
Jan. 23, 2002
* This was the 50th meeting between UMass and George Washington. With the win, the Minutemen now trail in the series 30-20. The Minutemen have won the last four meetings between the two teams.
* The Minutemen led tonight's contest 25-20 at halftime. The Minutemen are now 6-1 on the season when leading at the break.
* Senior guard Shannon Crooks (Boston, Mass.) finished the contest with 14 points. This is the 14th time in 16 games this season that Crooks has poured in double-digits. It is also the 45th time in his career that he has scored 10 or more.
* Junior forward Micah Brand (Middletown, N.Y.) scored 17 on the night, marking the ninth time Brand has totaled doub le digits. Brand's total is his second highest of the season, and his highest since opening night.
* Brand also pulled down 10 rebounds on the evening, giving him his second career double-double. His first double-double came at Marshall on Dec. 29, 2001.
* Brand's four blocks tonight set a new career high. He had snuffed three shots in a game on three different occasions entering the contest.
* This marked the ninth time this season that both Brand and Crooks reached double digits in the same game.
* Senior center Kitwana Rhymer (St. Thomas, Virgin Islands) totaled 14 points on the night. It is the fifth time this season that Rhymer has scored more than 10, the first time in seven games.
* This is just the third time this year that Brand, Crooks and Rhymer have all scored more than 10 in the same contest (Marist, Maine and George Washington). The Minutemen are 3-0 in those games.
* The Minutemen are now 8-0 this season when allowing 62 or fewer points, and have won 17-straight when yeilding 62 or less.
* In each of its last four games, UMass has shot better from three-point range than from the field overall. Tonight, UMass made 8-of-15 (53.3%)from behind the arc, while hitting 23 of 47 (48.9%) from the field overall.
* The Minutemen are now 2-2 this season when scoring more than 70 points.
* Freshman Brennan Martin (Rancho Santa margarita, Calif.) saw the most action of his career tonight with 6 minutes played. His previous high was four minutes against Maine.
* UMass was 8-for-15 from three-point range tonight for a season-high 53.3 percent.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL