UMass Postgame Notes vs. St. Bonaventure
Jan. 11, 2014
* UMass improved to 14-1 overall and 2-0 in Atlantic 10 play. SBU dropped to 11-5 and 1-1.
* UMass trailed 60-47 before closing the game on a 21-8 run. It marked the ninth time under Derek Kellogg that UMass has won a game when trailing by double figures. The last time occurred against Ohio on Dec. 19, 2012.
* UMass remained perfect at home this season, moving to 8-0 and 7-0 in the Mullins Center. UMass is now 197-65 all-time in the facility since it opened 21 seasons ago.
* UMass improved to 123-30 all-time as a ranked team.
* SBU has lost its last 25 games against ranked teams dating back to a win over No. 23 Temple on Jan, 15, 2000.
* Derek Kellogg earned his 99th career head coaching victory. He is 99-78 in his sixth season at UMass.
* Chaz Williams finished with eight points, nine assists and three steals. He now has 1,368 points at UMass. Next on the scoring chart are Clarence Hill at 1,369 and Julius Erving at 1,370.
* UMass scored a season-low 25 points in the first half.
* UMass recorded four turnovers as a result of its full court pressure and scored four points off of them. In the last three games, UMass has forced 14 opponent turnovers from the press and scored 19 points.
* St. Bonaventure's 13-point lead that it held, marked the largest lead it has had this season before losing. Wake Forest erased an 11-point deficit five games ago.
* SBU shot 50 percent from the floor, the highest against UMass this season. The Bonnies also committed a season-high 20 turnovers, the most by a Minutemen foe this year.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL
|There are no upcoming events.|