UMass Postgame Notes at Miami (Ohio)
Jan. 2, 2013
* UMass won its first-ever meeting with Miami tonight. The Minutemen are also 3-0 against MAC schools this season. The Atlantic 10 is now 10-2 against MAC schools this season.
* UMass is on a six-game win streak, its longest since a similar time last season prior to the start of conference play.
* The Minutemen are 4-0 on the road this season and have won seven-consecutive road games dating back to last season's postseason NIT run. The last time a UMass squad won as many on the road contests came during the 1997-98 campaign.
* UMass made 27 field goals, its second-most this season. The Minutemen also drained a season-high 11 3-pointers.
* UMass tied its season-low in both categories for free throws following its 5-for-8 night - identical to the win at Siena on Nov. 28.
* The Minutemen grabbed a season-high 48 rebounds as they outrebounded Miami 48-32. UMass also had a season-high 17 offensive rebounds that it converted into a season-high 14 second-chance points.
* UMass led 37-29 at the half and an improved to 7-0 when this season leading at the break.
* Junior F Raphiael Putney finished with a team-high 20 points on 8-of-19 shooting, including four 3-pointers. It was a season high in points and his game-high tying nine rebounds tied his season high. It was his third 20-plus point game of his career and first since netting 20 against Duquesne at home in the A-10 Tournament First Round last season. He became the fourth player to have a game with four 3-pointers. He also tied his season-high of three steals.
* Sophomore F Maxie Esho finished with nine rebounds and four blocks. It marked the fourth time in the last eight games he has pulled down at least nine boards. The four blocks are a career-high and tie the UMass high this season (4 by Cady Lalanne against Harvard).
* Freshman G Trey Davis had a career-high seven points while grabbing a rebound and a steal in eight minutes.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL
|There are no upcoming events.|