UMass Weight Room Policies
Weight Room Hours
1. Only intercollegiate athletes with eligibility during the academic year who are in good standing are permitted to use the Weight room during varsity hours.
2. All athletes must sign in.
3. Everyone will have a workout program from the strength and conditioning dept,workouts will be recorded by the athlete. Workouts must be signed off by strength and conditioning staff after each lifting session.
4. If an athlete is injured in any way that will inhibit either a portion of, or the entire workout, she or he must see a trainer and receive a written slip explaining the injury, which movements are to be avoided and which ones may be substituted.
5. Lifters are required to use collars once there is more than one plate on the end of the bar.
6. Lifters are required to use spotters on every set after the initial warm up set.
7. Weights are to be moved from the racks to the bar only. They are never to be set on the floor or leaned against equipment.
8. All bars should be stripped immediately after use. Dumbbells should be returned to the rack in proper order.
9. Bars, weights and your feet should be kept off the vinyl at all times to prevent tearing.
10. Food, drink, gum, tobacco and toothpicks are not permitted.
11. Walkmans are not allowed. No bags in room.
12. Spitting or defacing the facility is not tolerated and will result in immediate expulsion.
13. Horseplay will not be tolerated.
14. The coaches' offices and telephones are off limits to athletes without permission.
15. Strength coaches' are not responsible for holding personal items.
16. Directions given by a coach must be followed.
17. Only use the Southeast and Northwest Entrances
18. Spotter rack are to be moved up when Bench Pressing or Inclining. They should never be on the floor.
19. No weight are to be on the platforms. Only Bumper plates are to be used on the platforms
20. Absolutely no dropping the dumbbells.
21. Strength coaches only, will use the blender for making protein shakes. They will decide according to supply and demand when drinks are to be issued.
22. Wipe down cardio after use.
23. Teams will use assigned platforms, using both sides. Six athletes per platform, 3 on the front and 3 on the back.
24. It is your privilege not your right to use this room, and failure to follow any of these policies could result in loss of weight room privileges.
WEIGHT ROOM DRESS POLICY
2. Lower Body Wear: Athletes are required to wear shorts, sweat pants or tights. Cut offs are not permitted.
3. Upper Body Wear: T-shirts, sweat shirts and unaltered tank tops are permitted.