Recently in Worcester Telegram Category
Here are the recaps from Sunday's loss at La Salle.
Read the recaps on the loss in the following outlets:
• Boston Globe: Gurley and UMass are contained
• Springfield Republican: Sunday's game helped show why UMass basketball is a hard sell
• Daily Hampshire Gazette: Minutemen offense sputters in loss to George Washington
• Worcester Telegram: Late 17-0 blitz dooms Minutemen
• Daily Collegian: UMass basketball drops third-straight to Colonials
• Daily Collegian: Offense sluggish for sinking Minutemen
• GW Hatchet: GW uses strong second half to earn win
• WWLP NBC22: G.W. bounces past UMass in 2nd half
• ESPN.com: George Washington 59, Massachusetts 51
Read about the game in the following recaps.
• Daily Hampshire Gazette: Gurley hits critical 3 as shot clock expires to key UMass win over URI
• Daily Hampshire Gazette: UMass notes: Bailey bobbles big moment (but scores anyway)
• Springfield Republican: Hashim "Big City'' Bailey delivers a big play at a big time
• Boston Globe: UMass numbers start to take shape
• Worcester Telegram: Big City's rumble sparks Minutemen
• CBS 3 Springfield: Minutemen Take Down URI, Now 5-2 in A-10
• Daily Collegian: Gurley, Bailey make big plays over URI
• Daily Collegian: Minutemen defeat Rams
• Providence Journal: UMass 64, URI 54: Not much goes right for Rams
• Providence Journal: URI journal: Knee injury knocks out Outerbridge
Dick Baker has a recap of the win over the Crusaders on MassLive.com. The victory was also covered by Paul Jarvey of the Worcester Telegram & Gazette.
"It's not going to be an easy season," the redshirt senior said. "We know what we have to work on. We've definitely got to continue to get better on the defensive end, rebounding the basketball, and just fine-tuning everything. "We've just got to keep our confidence and make sure we play as hard as we can every single time we step on the floor."