UMass men's lacrosse moved to 3-0 on the season with an 8-6 victory at Harvard on Saturday. Matt Whippen led the team with a pair of goals while six additional Minutemen notched a tally each as the squad used a balanced attack to earn the win. Zachary Oliveri, the CAA Co-Rookie of the Week, had eight saves in net while the team defense held Harvard to just 23 shots. Below are a few links related to coverage of the contest:
- Oliveri was named the top rookie in the CAA for the second consecutive week.
- Cameron McDonough highlighted the defensive aspect of play in his recap for the Springfield Republican.
- The Daily Collegian's Nick Canelas also focused on how the Minutemen defense hit a defensive mark they looked to achieve vs. the Crimson.
- Brian Foley was also at the contest and had a recap of play for Inside Lacrosse as part of the organization's "On The Scene" report.
- Inside Lacrosse's Quint Kessenich mentioned UMass at the No. 6 spot in his weekly Top-20 and analysis.