Recently in Hashim Bailey Category
Read about the game in the following recaps.
• Daily Hampshire Gazette: Gurley hits critical 3 as shot clock expires to key UMass win over URI
• Daily Hampshire Gazette: UMass notes: Bailey bobbles big moment (but scores anyway)
• Springfield Republican: Hashim "Big City'' Bailey delivers a big play at a big time
• Boston Globe: UMass numbers start to take shape
• Worcester Telegram: Big City's rumble sparks Minutemen
• CBS 3 Springfield: Minutemen Take Down URI, Now 5-2 in A-10
• Daily Collegian: Gurley, Bailey make big plays over URI
• Daily Collegian: Minutemen defeat Rams
• Providence Journal: UMass 64, URI 54: Not much goes right for Rams
• Providence Journal: URI journal: Knee injury knocks out Outerbridge
Naturally, everyone has a suggestion to change his nickname: "Not-so Big City," "Smaller City," "The Town." Bailey himself even offers "Slim City."
"In losing Ricky, we lost 20 points a game and a guy who's been here and scored the ball his own career," UMass coach Derek Kellogg told the Daily Collegian. "It's going to be hard to replace." Stepping up for the Minutemen will likely be guard Anthony Gurley, who averaged 13.6 points a game last season including a career-high 24 points against Richmond in the Atlantic 10 Quarterfinals.
Despite having an experienced scorer waiting in the wings, Kellogg is looking to put "men" on the court.
"When I say a man, a man is a guy who never quits," Kellogg said. "He never gives in, he fights from the second he walks in the gym until the second he leaves. It's a constant effort, constant toughness."