UMass men's lacrosse alumnus Will Manny (2010-13) was chosen for the 24-man Team USA roster set by the national organization for the Seatown Classic. Manny will play with the U.S. side at the event hosted in Seattle, Washington, on Saturday, Oct. 18 as one of six attackman chosen.
UMass field hockey is home for a pair of games this weekend! The Minutewomen host Connecticut first with a Friday, Sept. 19 game beginning at 4 p.m. on Garber Field. Admission is free!
|University of Massachusetts Field Hockey Game Notes|
|Game Seven||Massachusetts (2-4) vs. No. 5 Connecticut (4-1)|
|Date | Time||Friday, Sept. 19 | 4:00 p.m.|
|Location||Richard F. Garber Field; Amherst, Mass.|
|Series History||UConn leads, 33-13-3. Last meeting: #3 UConn 4, #7 UMass 1; Sept. 18, 2013|
|Live Video||Atlantic 10 Digital Network|
|Team Information||Massachusetts | Connecticut|
|@UMassFH | @UMassAthletics|
|UMass Field Hockey|
Read more about the field hockey squad through UMassAthletics.com.
- Whipple: UMass preparing for future NFL No. 1 pick in Penn State quarterback Christian Hackenberg - Daily Hampshire Gazette
- Matchup problems when UMass travels to Penn State | Boston Herald
- UMass football ready for unbeaten Penn State - Sports - The Boston Globe
- UNIVERSITY PARK: Penn State football: Former Nittany Lion Kenney eager for return trip to Beaver Stadium | PSU Football | CentreDaily.com
- UMass family affair heads back to Happy Valley - The York Daily Record
- Whipples return to area they call home when UMass visits Penn State | TribLIVE
- Connections run deep between UMass, Penn State football teams - Daily Hampshire Gazette
- UMass notebook: Running back Lorenzo Woodley back in the picture for Minutemen - Daily Hampshire Gazette
- Versatility of Rodney Mills an effective tool for UMass : The Daily Collegian
- Ben Roethlisberger: Whipple taught me how to be a pro : The Daily Collegian
- UMass in for a challenge against Penn State, QB Hackenberg : The Daily Collegian
- Lorenzo Woodley finds opportunity after getting lost in the shuffle : The Daily Collegian
- UMass football kicking situation still undecided, looking forward to opportunity to play at Beaver Stadium : The Daily Collegian
- After spending time in the 'dog house,' UMass football running back Lorenzo Woodley embracing return to starting role | masslive.com
- Amidst special teams blunders, UMass return specialist Trey Dudley-Giles continues to impress | masslive.com
- UMass football matchup with Penn State a welcomed homecoming for transfers Austin Whipple, Alex Kenney | masslive.com
- UMass football coach Mark Whipple says kicking decision not likely until Saturday; Freshman Matthew Wylie ready if called upon | masslive.com
- Leading the nation in tackles, UMass linebacker Jovan Santos-Knox wants defense to spend less time on the field | masslive.com
University of Massachusetts men's lacrosse alumnus Tim Soudan (1987-90) was recently chosen as the U.S. National Team's Assistant General Manager ahead of the 2015 FIL World Indoor Championship, as announced by Team USA this week.
Soudan competed for UMass from 1987-90, when he recorded 114 points out of the midfield on 84 goals and 30 assists. He was a two-time USILA All-American during his Minuteman tenure and followed up his collegiate success with an extended professional career in outdoor and indoor lacrosse and two gold medal-winning FIL World Championship appearances with Team USA (1994, 1998). Soudan is currently the head coach of the Rochester Rattlers (MLL) and previously served as an assistant general manager for the Rochester Knighthawks (NLL).
The New England Lacrosse Journal has a feature up about University of Massachusetts alumnus Will Manny (2010-13), who recently finished his second professional season with MLL's Boston Cannons franchise and is currently in his first year as an assistant coach with Wagner men's lacrosse.